Cultural Circumstance

Remote Aboriginal Housing Toolbox

Sometimes you may need to vacate your house for cultural reasons. 
Your community may have an agreement with the Department about what rent must be paid in your absence.
This agreement will also state the period of time you may be away.
If you are away for Sorry Business, you might not have to pay your rent while you are away.
If you are away for Lore Business, you might have to keep paying your rent.
The most important thing to remember is to notify your housing officer if you have Sorry
Business or Lore Business to attend to. They will make sure your rent is being calculated correctly.

 Related Information