The Department’s latest issue of Beyond the Letterbox focuses on Spring, and in particular, Spring Cleaning. Some of the challenges faced in spring include;
- weeds and grasses taking over yards at a rapid rate,
- difficulties in disposing of excess rubbish and goods accumulated over the winter months,
- not having access to financial resources to carry out an effective Spring Clean or tidy-up of our homes and yards.
To help our tenants achieve and maintain a good standard of property presentation, the Department’s offices can provide information which is practical, simple, and inexpensive, such as;
- advising tenants of the dates for local council verge collections (hard waste and green waste),
- suggesting options in local areas for inexpensive lawn-mower hire and trailer hire,
- information about any local markets, swap meets, or fetes, where tenants may find inexpensive, water-wise native plants for gardens at a low cost,
- suggesting environmentally friendly, low cost cleaning options, such as vinegar and bi-carb soda products,
- encouraging and supporting tenants who may be experiencing difficulties in achieving good property standards by making referrals to community and support organisations for practical assistance.
If you would like further information to help with Spring Cleaning ideas, please feel welcome to visit your nearest Department of Housing office.
Click here to read the Spring issue of Beyond the Letterbox.